Predator Clock Widget
The Predator Clock Widget is a simple 4x1 Android widget that displays the current time using numbers similar to those used in the Predator movies. Each digit also has a specific function. The left-most digit triggers the default alarm application. The next digit cycles through the available colors. The third digit toggles Arabic numerals on/off, and the final digit starts the countdown.... The button on the right just opens a simple info page, which now has a new background. When the countdown has begun, the digits are no longer tappable, but the button on the right cancels the countdown.
Thanks for all the support! I really didn't expect over 300,000 downloads and so many positive comments. I do read them all and really wish there was a built-in method of replying.
- Display toggle affects all instances of widget (not going to fix this)
- A few comments in the Android Market suggest that the clock resets to 12:00, but I've been unable to reproduce that problem
- On Android 1.5 devices, settings button moves by ~1px depending on whether it is AM or PM. No idea why...
- Some people have reported issues of the widget freezing during the explosion, but I've been unable to reproduce the problem. This appears to be an issue on a variety of devices both low- and high-end, but it is not a problem on all versions of any given device, which leads me to believe it may be an issue with other apps installed or possibly background processes. I'm still trying to figure it out.
- 1.6 (2012-03-04 | 323,227 downloads) - Improved ICS support, added some XHDPI assets, and added widget preview image
- 1.5.5 (2011-07-17 | 244,238 downloads) - Added white digit color and new digit key in settings
- 1.5.4 (2010-12-11 | 98,576 downloads) - Fixed error with previous update that caused devices running Android 1.5 to not correctly load the widget
- 1.5.3 (2010-12-10 | 98,576 downloads) - Fixed force close issue with some Samsung devices when first digit is pressed
- 1.5.2 (2010-10-24 | 62,620 downloads) - Added support for phones that use the Motoblur alarm clock (e.g., Droid X)
- 1.5.1 (2010-09-26 | 35,309 downloads) - Minor update to attempt better Samsung Galaxy S support
- 1.5 (2010-09-11 | 20,477 downloads) - Changed explosion to blue; adjusted layout for 1.5 devices; added drop shadow to app icon; fixed drop shadow on widget; adjusted explosion frame times; decreased APK size ~170k
- 1.4.1 (2010-07-31 | 14,078 downloads) - Modified the beep to use a more accurate sound; the pitch is programmatically changed as the countdown progresses; special thanks to Darren (aka PinkNoise) for the sound file!
- 1.4.0 (2010-07-10 | 11,972 downloads) - Added improved explosion with animation, beep during countdown, and explosion sound effect; settings now includes option to enable/disable sound effects. Also added support for small screen sizes (320x240). (Download numbers are unchanged from previous release because it's a same-day release.)
- 1.3.1 (2010-07-10 | 11,972 downloads) - Minor update to force widget to re-read custom settings when they may have been flushed by low memory.
- 1.3.0 (2010-07-09 | 11,188 downloads) - Added settings screen with full configuration options and link to about page; added option for 24-hour clock.
- 1.2.0 (2010-05-31) - Fix to make the Sense UI alarm clock open when tapping the left digit; added countdown to right-most digit.
- 1.1.0 (2010-05-27) - The digits each have adjusted functionality. The first digit attempts to trigger one of the two default alarm clock applications. The second digit cycles through the colors. The third digit toggles Arabic numerals on/off. The last digit just temporarily blanks out the display and will have a new function soon.
- 1.0.0 (2010-05-23) - Can now tap either of the left two digits to cycle through the available colors (right two digits still control digit style); added minor theme to about/info screens
- 0.8.6 Beta (2010-05-12) - Fixed error that caused widget to stop responding to touches
- 0.8.5 Beta (2010-04-29) - Tap to toggle between Predator-style numbers and Arabic numbers; improved landscape orientation; fixed #8 digit for Predator display
- 0.8.0 Beta (2010-04-27) - Initial release to the Android Market